What do I do in case of an accident?
Stay as calm as possible.
Check for injuries. Life and health are more important than damage to vehicles. When in doubt, call an ambulance.
If the accident is minor and there are no serious injuries, move cars to a safe place, rather than risk being in moving traffic.
Turn on hazard lights. If warranted, and possible, use cones, warning triangles or flares for safety.
Call the police, even if the accident is minor.
Notify your insurance agent about the accident immediately.
Don't sign any document unless it is for the police or your insurance agent.
Make immediate notes about the accident including the specific damages to all vehicles involved. If the name on the auto registration and/or insurance policy is different from the name of the driver, establish the relationship and jot it down. Get witness information, if possible, as well. Exchange all pertinent information with the other party, name, address, phone #, drivers license #, car license #, INSURANCE COMPANY AND POLICY #. Remember, sometimes other drivers at fault may not want you to contact police or insurance companies and may seem well intentioned and even offer to pay for the accident. Beware though, as some may have no insurance or something else to hide from the police and only want to exit the accident scene quickly. Try to get the license # off their car first in case they “hit and run”.
Be polite, but don't tell the other drivers or the police that the accident was your fault, even if you think it was. Likewise, do not accuse the other drivers of being at fault at this time. Everyone is usually shaken up immediately after an accident, and it is wise to state only the facts. Limit your discussion of the accident to the insurance agent and the police. Even if the facts are embarrassing or detrimental to you, be truthful.
If you have a camera handy, and it is safe to do so, it may be helpful to photograph the accident scene.
If possible, do not leave the accident scene before the police officers and other drivers do.
Finally, remember that while getting the facts is very important, investigating the accident should be left to the police officers and the insurance companies.
If your car has to be towed, remember it is your right to decide where your car is taken to. If you want it taken to a particular shop or dealership you know and trust, then demand the tow operator take it there. Otherwise, they may tow to their yard and cause you or your insurance company to pay unnecessary fees and storage.
How do I get my vehicle repaired?
1. The easiest way… Bring your car to Mike Erdman Motors Collision Center, or call. We’ll pick your car up.
2. Remember, it is up to you and nobody else including the insurance company to decide where you have your vehicle repaired.
3. Contact the insurance company and advise them that you would like to have your vehicle repaired promptly; they will arrange to inspect your vehicle at your location, a drive in center at another shop or our shop if you have already dropped it off here (which some people prefer as we handle your auto repair with the insurance company from start to finish). While we are a Direct Repair Facility for some insurance companies, we are not with some; in either case we work with all insurance claims and handle them from start to finish hassle free Mike Erdman Motors Collision Centers goal is to repair your car to pre-loss condition as quickly and hassle free as possible while never compromising the repair quality. We have a good relationship with the insurance industry. Those companies who may not have a Direct Repair Program find we are able to work hand in hand with them to complete your vehicle repairs.
4. Once the insurance company has approved responsibility and approved payment for your repairs, parts may be ordered and repairs begun.
5. Mike Erdman Motors will repair your vehicle to pre loss condition, meeting or exceeding industry standards, our paint will match every bit as well as factory and we will guarantee our workmanship and paint for as long as you own your vehicle.
MIKE ERDMAN MOTORS, INC
445 E. MERRITT ISLAND CAUSEWAY
MERRITT ISLAND, FL 32952